Welcome to The Grove Surgery
Click here to access online
INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- We cannot provide you with a letter if you believe you are on the vulnerable list. If you have received a letter are considered vulnerable, we have no more information about this at present. Please go to the government website for more information - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults.
- We would ask our patients, and particularly those who fall within the extremely vulnerable and at risk groups, to order repeat medicines online or by telephone. All requests will be issued and sent electronically. Please do not attend the practice to make request for medicines as this will no longer be done at the reception desk.
- Pharmacies will need time to download the scripts, order and complete the script. This could take them up to 72 hours.
- To help protect the medicines supply chain prescriptions will be continued with their current durations and quantities, unless there is a clinical reason for alteration.
- Prescriptions for extra quantities of inhalers i.e. salbutamol will not be issued without valid clinical diagnosis and urgent need.
- We would ask patients to continue to self-care and purchase over the counter (OTC) medicines where possible, as per existing national recommendations.
- Please be advised that the government have allowed community pharmacies, if they are under significant pressure, to close for up to 2.5 hours a day (including lunch). This may mean they are not available during their standard opening hours.
- We understand you may be having trouble obtaining paracetamol, but we cannot prescribe unless clinically necessary.
- If you are concerned that you need to self-isolate; please follow the guidance as we don’t have any further information to share with you. We would like to leave our telephone lines and clinicians free to deal with clinical needs – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- If you are due to have a routine appointment and we tell you it’s cancelled, try and understand the unprecedented strain we are trying to get through. Please don’t shout at our staff, they are trying to provide the best possible care for you over the phone or Face to face if absolutely necessary.
- If you need an isolation note for your employer please go here – https://www.nhs.uk/isolation-note.
- Any repeat prescription requests unable to be completed online should be posted through our letterbox.
- Patients invited to attend any necessary urgent clinical appointments are to attend alone to avoid unnecessary footfall into the surgery. The exception to this would be if you are a carer or parent; then you will be asked to provide their details and they will also undergo the screening questionnaire.
We have an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera in our car park. This is to prevent anyone other than staff or patients using our car park.
If you are a patient and need to attend the surgery in your car, please enter your car registration number into the touchscreen that is on the reception desk every time you park your car.
Anyone who parks in our car park that doesn't get a permit will receive a fine in the post.
MK Health Extra
General Practice appointments available to suit you.
Did you know, you can access general practice appointments on weekday evenings and weekends, at several locations in Milton Keynes?
Speak to a receptionist about getting the right appointment for you.
MK Pharmacy First
MK Pharmacy First provides confidential health advice without the need to book an appointment.
If you don’t pay for your prescription, the pharmacy can supply your recommended medicines free of charge.
Use MK Pharmacy First instead of booking a GP appointment and get immediate advice and treatment.
You must be registered with a Milton Keynes GP to qualify for this service. If you are not registered you can find out how to register at www.miltonkeynesccg.nhs.uk/nhs-111/
When can I use MK Pharmacy First?
MK Pharmacy First provides advice and treatment for you or your children for the following conditions:
Ear wax build-up
If you don’t pay for your prescription, the pharmacy can supply you (if required) with medication.
(Site updated 19/05/2020)